Wednesday, February 20, 2008

on friends

I cant help this new great mood I've been in for a while now. Im not sure how its occuring because I've been really, really sick for..a while now. But nonetheless, there's a spring in my step even on the gloomiest, rainiest days. And as those of us who live in New England know, a New England winter is one of the gloomiest around. We're in serious competition with "Old England" and Ireland. I can't even fathom a winter in Siberia, but I bet its really bad.

Im happy even though I've been really missing the friends I've lost touch with along the way these past few years. Everyone dispersed all over the Country and while we all try keep in touch, its not the same. How can it be? Lives shift and split off into lives of everyones own creation, and we cannot carry every single person we've adored along with us. Sadly. But you have the memories of those days...and the way they made you feel, and how they helped you to become the person you are today. And you always have the hope that your paths will cross again somehow. And that hope makes us happy.

No comments: