Thursday, January 10, 2008

little secrets

The thing about living two and a half floors above an old historic street is that I always feel like our apartment is a secret, and only we (and the pizza guy) know about it. Its easy to imagine what this town felt like 200 years ago, and even easier still to imagine what this house was like.
I think you'd have to see it to believe it. But I am certain that no matter where I go, or what other houses I may live in...no house will have a spirit quite like this one. Even the mice are friendly, and respectful. We have only seen one (Squeekers, we call him). Gunther seems to notice every creek and shift of the old wooden bones of this house. I just hope Gunther and Squeekers never meet, because I think I know who would emerge victorious from that encounter, and it wouldnt be my secret wall-dwelling friend with a penchant for cheese.

No comments: